Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A day late and a dollar short.

On the morning of my 21st birthday, I return from work to find that my prodigal roommate's car is parked outside our apartment complex.

She skipped town without leaving me rent money.

Which was due on the 1st.

I want to kill her a little bit.

I find her asleep and in my room I find two checks. One for nearly $400 for rent. Another made out for $10.50 for electric.

I am glad to finally have the money that I had to front so the rent would be on time. (Which was my fucking birthday money, mind you. That money should be spent on booze and shoes! Not roommates!) However, it is still 2-3 days after the rent has been paid and rent has always been due to me, the Responsible One, on the 28th of the month. By my count, it's about a week late.

Now I just want to rough her up a bit. Especially because I am a fucking Birthday Princess today and I may do as I please.

I should hit her just for writing two checks when only one was necessary. "Waste not the young saplings, bitch!"

No comments: