Monday, December 13, 2004

Results in 2 to 4 weeks.

Now that I am at home, my adventures in hospital vists begin anew.

I really think MRIs are about the fucking scariest things anyone will ever have to experience. The tiny, enclosed space is not the scary part. What I find to be utterly terrifying about MRIs are the whirry, beepy, machiney noises that continue for inordinate amounts of time.

To top off the terror that is getting an MRI, the MRI unit at Kaiser Vallejo is mobile. That's correct. Mobile. As in, in a trailer outside of the hospital. My mother assures me that most MRI units are mobile and in trailers. I assure you she lies to me.

So I am enclosed in a tube, blindfolded, immobilized and surrounded by whirry machiney noises that continue for inordinate amounts of time and in a mysterious trailer. This is pretty much how I imagine a typical alien abduction scenario to be, minus the anal probe.


No comments: